Places of Interest
- Damai Beach is a major vacation spot, with some of the state’s best beach resorts. Enjoy a wide range of water sports activities at the resorts. Tours can be arranged to see the rare Irrawaddy dolphin. Other popular beaches include Siar, Sematan, Penyok, Bandung in Kuching as well as Luak Bay and Hawaii Beach in Miri. The National Parks of Bako, Similajau and Tanjung Datu also boast beautiful beaches.
Textiles and Crafts
- Take a mesmerising journey to explore Sarawak’s textiles and crafts. The Textile Museum and Pua Kumbu Museum are themed attractions showcasing Sarawak’s handwoven fabrics. More textiles and other handicrafts can be seen at Sarakraf Pavillion and Sarawak Handicraft Centre.
Sunday Market in Satok
- Browse through a profusion of goods from handicrafts, flowers, local snacks to traditional delicacies. The bustling atmosphere and colourful cornucopia of things makes a trip here enjoyable.
Bako National Park
- Sarawak has many national parks, each teeming with a wealth of flora and fauna. Bako National Park is the state’s oldest, and home to the rare long-nosed proboscis monkeys, long-tailed macaques and various other animals. It serves as an excellent introduction to the rainforest.
Kubah National Park
- The world’s largest collection of palm trees, rare ferns and wild orchids are the main attractions here. The enclave is further enriched with waterfalls and crystal-clear rivers. It is a favourite location for day trips.
Gunung Gading National Park
- Beautiful cascading waterfalls, rare foliage and a chance to see Rafflesia, the world’s largest flower, are the highlights here.
Mulu National Park
- This UNESCO World Heritage Site offers spectacular attractions. Gunung Mulu has the world’s largest cave chamber and the world’s most extensive cave system with razor sharp limestone pinnacles.Tanjung Datu National Park Breathtaking vistas of rolling hills and waters teeming with corals are remarkable attractions here. Adventurous visitors can head to the nearby Telok Melano village for a delightful homestay experience.